Funding for Flourishing
Sports are more than just an activity to pass the time. For many children, they’re a lifeline. Many areas of Lancaster County have outgrown their current recreation facilities. The Parks and Recreation bond will provide the funding needed to build adequate spaces so our youth sports programs can flourish.
Indian Land Recreation Center
8286 Charlotte Highway, Indian Land
In recent years, Indian Land has experienced explosive growth. As a result, our county’s recreation facilities can’t adequately accommodate the number of children who want to participate in sports programs and other activities. The renovations and expansion of the Indian Land Recreation Center will provide the space and facilities needed to give our youth a safe place to grow.
- New gym flooring and new flooring throughout the existing facility
- Addition of a new full-court gymnasium with the ability to have two courts crosscourt on the same floor
- Additional restrooms
- Additional meeting/classrooms
- Addition of a foyer and front desk at the facility entrance
- Addition of a storage room/mechanical room
- New upgraded and expanded parking lots
- New HVAC and new lighting in the existing facility